Yarn on Yarn
A whole world of knitters is out on the internet. Not sure what K tbl or M1T are? Don't know ssk from sssk? Looking for free patterns? Wondering if there could possibly be a mistake in your pattern? (and there definitely could be) If you have a knitting (or crocheting) question or problem, someone is talking about it on-line. Here are a few of the fun websites we like.
- knittinghelp.com/ a teaching site with knitting tips & techniques, definitions of abbreviations, and free knitting videos of techniques
- ravelry.com/ is the place for knitters and crocheters. It's a community where knitters show off their work and share ideas and techniques (you will need to create a free account). It is one of the best place to find patterns. If it is a pattern to be purchased, we can buy it for you, print it, and email you the file.
- yarnsub.com Here's a website to help you figure out yarn substitution.
- knittingpatterncentral.com/ is an on-line directory of free patterns with thousands of links to other sites with free patterns.
- YouTube is another great place to look for how-to videos.
For possible pattern problems--check the pattern-maker's website. There is often a section called "errata" that will contain corrections or clarifications